OVERVIEW OF ENGAGEMENT AS CAMP LEADER
YHAI Volunteership is all about giving an opportunity to Experienced Trekkers to gain real time experience working on live adventure projects. YHAI invites Camp Leaders to work to its National Level adventure expeditions, which are also recognized by the Government of India.
YHAI needs camp leaders who will monitor and supervise the activities of NATIONAL HIMALAYAN TREKKING CUM TRAINING EXPEDITIONS 2023 and also manage logistics for successful completion of the programme. A total of about 4,000 participants participate in this adventure activities. The participants in an average group of 50 assemble at the base camps and move to the next base camp. The Camp Leaders will be deputed at each base camp and are required to manage all the logistics, participant concerns, staff (cooks/ helpers etc), and requirements to run the base camp successfully. Participants who come to YHAI expeditions are educated and young people who take part in these expeditions for their love for nature and passion for adventure.
CAMP LEADER FOR HIGH ALTITUDE PROGRAMS
YHAI invites applications for experienced Camp Leaders for upcoming high altitude programs mentioned below:
The programs are mentioned as under:
|National Family Adventure Cum Training Camp Seobagh 2023|
|National Himalayan Nature Study Cum Trekking Cum Training Expedition 15 Miles 2023|
|National Family Camping Cum Training Expedition Srinagar 2023|
|National Himalayan Har Ki Doon Trekking cum Training Expedition 2023|
|National Himalayan Trekking Cum Training Expedition Chanderkhani Pass 2023|
|National Himalayan Trekking cum Training Expedition Sar Pass 2023|
|NATIONAL INDIVIDUAL ADVENTURE CUM TRAINING CAMP LEH -2023|
|NATIONAL FAMILY ADVENTURE CUM TRAINING CAMP LEH - 2023|
|National Mountain Biking Cum Training Expedition Tirthan Valley Jalori Pass 2023|
|National Mountain Cycling Cum Training Expedition Manali Leh Khardung La 2023|
|National Himalayan Trekking Cum Training Expedition Kashmir Great Lakes 2023|
|National Himalayan Trekking Cum Training Expedition Valley Of Flowers 2023|
· Do not miss the opportunity to test yourself with a whole new adventurous & exhilarating seasion coming up.
CAMP LEADER RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work under the supervision of Field Director/Co-Directors.
• When posted to a higher camp you will be the administrative in-charge of the camp and responsible for day to day management of that camp
• Maintain the reputation and standard of the expedition as set by YHAI National Expeditions.
• Maintain discipline of the expedition; guide the participants about schedule, safety, do’s and don’ts.
• In case of any eventuality/emergency take proper action - crisis management
• Be very polite, humble and at the same time maintain strict discipline with the participants
• Basic accounting – maintains store records and ensure that inventory is always up-to-date by coordinating with the base camp
• Must be physically fit to undertake long and strenuous treks in the mountains as the camp leader deals with working at high altitude camps.
• You should be able to communicate with participants on the one side & cooks, helpers, porters and locals on the other side.
· Provide daily /weekly report or reports at the end of the program to the Field Director.
Trekking Department, National Office
Youth Hostels Association of India
5, Nyaya Marg, Chankayapuri. New Delhi – 110021,