National Family Adventure Camp - Nainital Jim Corbett 2024
5 / 5 Kaladungi
Program Coordinator: Mr Zahid: 9906535012
* About Program:
Established in year 1936 Jim Corbett National park is the first National Park of India. It is filled with greenery and majestic scenery with many pristine water streams and rivers Kosi and Daabka flowing along. It is also the home of diverse flora and fauna prominent among them are the Royal Bengal Tiger and Asiatic Elephant. Most of the roads are metaled which facilitates the jeep safari for roaming in Jungle.
The purpose of the expedition is to expose the YHAI members to a sense of greater adventure and to rough the rigors of plodding with a sense of love for nature and outdoor recreational activity aiming at promoting adventure in tandem with national integration.
* Duration: 4N/5D
* Reporting Point: Report at Corbett farm Yard near Jim Corbett Musuem, Kaladungi.
* How To Reach: Train station: Ramnagar/Haldwani-- Either way it is 30 kms from Kaladungi base camp.bus available to kaladungi jim corbett museum
By Bus from Delhi
I.S.B.T. Anand Vihar – HALDWANI
I.S.B.T. Anand Vihar – Ram Nagar
Kaladungi is about 265 kms from Delhi,
410kms from Kanpur
414kms from Chandigarh.
By Train:- Nearest Railway station is Haldwani (31 kms) and Ramnagar(30 kms). Nearest Airport is New Delhi Airport (295 km)
Train: 5013 Ranikhet Express - Delhi to Ramnagar
Corbett Link Express : Old Delhi: 2245 hrs Ramnagar: 0530 hrs Kathgodam Express : Old Delhi: 2245 hrs Kathgodam: 0715 hrs
UTR Sampark Kranti Exp. : New Delhi: 1600hrs Kathgodam: 2230hrs
* Program Includes: Inclusive of Nutritious veg Food, Boarding, Lodging.
Exclusion: Travel & Sight Seeing Expenses, Safari Expenses and any expense which is not mentioned in inclusion of program.
* Day Wise schedule: Sight seeing & visiting place at thier own cost.
# Day 1: Repoting Base camp Kaladhungi.
# Day 2: Visit to Jim Crobett National park, visit to Kosi Barrage & Garjiya temple
# Day 3: Visit to Naintal - Zoo, Naini Lake, Mall Road, Ropeway etc.
# Day 4: Visit to Nainital- Bhimtal, Sattal, Naukichyatal.
# Day 5: Visit to Sitavani Wildlife sanctuary and check out after Lunch.
* Who can Participate
1. Any YHAI member can participate on first come first serve basis.
2. A family consists of husband, wife and two children up to the age of 12 years. Copy of Birth certificate for the children between ages 10 to 12 years must be attached with application forms or must be submitted at the time of reporting at the Base Camp. Photographs of the Family Head must be attached on the forms.
3. A single person does not constitute a family and shall not be registered for the camp. Parent of very small children should arrange for their bottle feed.
4. Photo ID Proof of the head of the family should be attached with the application form, to be produced at the time of reporting at the base camp.
5. For children above 12 years of age, Rs.1000/- per person will be charged, over & above.
6. Husband & Wife's membership is mandatory.
* How to Participate:
Online Booking: Members desirous of joining this programme may apply online by paying requisite program fee along with online booking amount i.e. Rs11000/- per Family including Husband, Wife and 2 Children upto age of 12 years.
We accept Net Banking, Debit Card and Credit Card payment on www.yhaindia.org for online payments.
After successful transaction Admit Card will be generated. Participant has to carry "Admit Card", "Trekking Medical Certificate" & "Membership Card"(Print out of membership card may also be accepted) at the time of reporting to the Base Camp.
Offline Booking: Members desirous of joining this programme may also apply on the prescribed "Trekking Registration Form" duly supported by a "Trekking Medical Certificate", along with a DD of requisite amount of Rs.11000/- per Family including Husband, Wife and 2 Children upto age of 12 years.) in favour of “Youth Hostels Association of India” payable at New Delhi. The Trekking registration Form, Trekking Medical Form and DD may be sent to following address:
Note: Seat once booked may not be re-scheduled or transferred. Medical certificate of the head of family will be submitted and the head of the family certify that all the family members are medically fit. Husband and wife should be members.
All Offline Booking confirmation is subject to availability of seats. National Office will send the Admit Card along with confirmation letter to the participant at the address mentioned in "Trekking Registration Form".
Members can also apply through our YHAI Units or State Branch in their respective area.
N.B: Without admit card and Medical fitness Certificate do not claim your registration as confirmed.
Reporting Date :
Seats left :
Reporting Point : Report at Kaladungi Base Camp.
* Food & Water Supplies:
Morning tea, breakfast, packed lunch, evening tea (in the camp), and dinner and after dinner tea/coffee/Bournvita, shall be provided. Nutritious, vegetarian and good quality food shall be served at the camp. Please bring your own plates, mugs, spoons etc. Natural mineral spring water has been brought to the base camp from a nearby source. Washing of clothes is strictly prohibited.
* Accommodation Facilities:
One tent shall be given to each family. A well constructed pucca toilet-cum bathrooms block is available at the base camp.
* Safety & Security: YHAI Group Insurance cover is for accidental death or permanent disability only. You are advised to take personal insurance cover for your journey and other related matters. Extensive and painstaking preparations have gone into the planning of this program for your safety. Our field staff and experienced camp leaders have been visiting the area to check all details. While every care has been taken to ensure safety, the Youth Hostels Association of India cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities.
* What participants should bring along: Woolens, cotton clothes, walking shoes, raincoat, cold cream/Vaseline, personal first aid kit, towel, bed sheets, lunch box (for packed lunch) and medicines that you normally use at home.
* Notice to Participants:
1. Smoking, use of alcohol and narcotics of any desciption is strictly prohibited during the course of the program.
2. Deviation from the set route of the program is not permitted. If participants may wish to join any other activity, they may do so at their own responsibility and risk only after finishing the program and checking out.
3. Stay other than YHAI Camp & wearing miniskirts/ shorts/ Bermuda/ are not allowed for the entire duration of the camp.
4. This is an environment friendly trek. Do no litter any wrappers or spoil the trial in any way. In case you find any wrapper, plastic bag or anything left by trekkers on the way, please carry the same with you and deposit at the base camp.
5. Burning of wood during camp fire is strictly prohibited. Import of any bio Non- degradable Material in Himachal Pradesh is an offence.
Special Casual leave: No special casual leave is applicable for Family Camping program.
1) Participants booked online will do online cancellation minimum 10 days prior to your reporting date.
2) Participants booked offline will inform their cancellation by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, minimum 10 days prior to your reporting date.
Only cancellation done as per above method will be eligible for credit shell. The below cancellation policy will however not be applicable if the request reaches short of 10 days prior to reporting date and shall not be eligible for credit shell.
1) In case you are unable to join the programme due to any reason, you will get a 100% Credit Shell of the participation fees which will be valid till December 2024. No refund will be applicable for any cancellation of seat.
2) If the next programme opted by you is cheaper, you may use the balance amount in any of the Trek till Dec 2024.
3) If the next opted programme is costlier, the trekker has to pay the differential amount.
4) Program opted using the Credit Shell cannot be cancelled again.
5) You may transfer your seat to your family members and friends also. The seats thus transferred cannot be retransferred or cancelled.
6) The credit shell can only be used in booking of adventure programs organised by YHAI. The credit shell will not be used in taking memberships and hostel bookings.
Note: If any program will be cancelled due to Natural Calamity / Government Restriction / Cancellation of Permission or any other reasons , Yhai will be accountable only for program fees and not other expenses which participants have made for joining the program. In these circumstances the decision for participation fees will be considered by the Yhai and will be bound to all.