National Mountain Cycling cum Training Expedition Jim Corbett 2024
5 / 5 Kaladungi
Program Coordinator: Mr. Shashank Dhanve: 9920422414
* About Program:
Jim Corbett national park has many beautiful mountain biking routes. It is filled with greenery and majestic scenery with many pristine water streams and rivers Kosi and Daabka flowing along. It has got varied flora and fauna with the major attraction being the Royal Bengal Tiger and Asiatic Elephant. But in daytime on major roads they are not so prominent. Also the elevation gains are not so steep. Most of the roads are metalled and rest is jungle roads.
The purpose of the expedition is to introduce the YHAI members to Mountain Biking as an outdoor adventure sport and also to make use of it as a Green transport in cities reducing congestion and pollution. Also after swimming this is the second best non-impact exercise in the world. Also we aim to inspire the spirit of National integration with the fun of Adventure sport.
* Duration: 6N/7D
* Reporting Point:
Report at Jim Corbett Museum, Kaladungi Base Camp. https://goo.gl/maps/F5nUHpVHugT2
* Program Includes:
Inclusive of Food, tented accomodation, safety gears, geared cycle, group insurance and forest entry
* Day Wise schedule:
# Day 1: Report at Base Camp- Kaladhungi (Via Ramnagar or Haldwani/Kathgodam-30kms)
Kaladhungi is a town in Nainital district with lot of flora & fauna to interest the nature lovers and photographers specially Bird-watchers. Jim Corbett museum is just a kilometer away from Base camp. Rest day for the participants.
# Day 2: Orientation & practice ride
Morning exercise to warm you up. A walk in the beautiful jungle. Orientation and general information about the expedition, Bike Rules and Safety Tips and practice ride to Nainital Road. After lunch local trek /cycling to nearby area.
# Day 3: Biking to Ramnagar (Teda village) 32 kms.
Adventure starts with cycling towards Ramnagar .Visiting Ladhuagarh waterfall nestled deep in the Jungle .Having packed lunch in the pristine surroundings of the waterfall. Enjoy the ride to Teda gaon camp situated amidst paddy fields and lush greenery. Rural India at its best.
# Day 4: Biking to Pawalgarh forest (33kms)
More adventure awaits you as you cycle through village roads. With Saal tree leaves falling on both sides winding roads and greenery all around… you reach a lunch point nearby a stream. Also a short trek to a hill gives you majestic views of the surrounding jungle. Sit by the stream, listen to the gurgling waters…Dip your feet and relax. Ride through a dry riverbed to Pawalgarh reserve forest. Campsite is located within a resort area surrounded by electric fencing .Lot of area to play cricket or just sit and listen to the various animal calls & Bird watching.
# Day 5: Biking to Kaladhungi (24 km).
Cycle through a beautiful village called Kotabagh. Farmers tending to their fields & locals busy with daily work. Nice views as you climb to the highest point of the route. Then cycle downhill all the way to base camp through a jungle .
# Day 6: Biking in Jim Corbett Forest (32 km)
# Day 7: Group breaks after breakfast
*Note: Program schedule and route of expedition are subject to change without prior notice.
* Who can Participate:
This expedition is open to YHAI members who are 18 years above to 65 years and physically fit. This condition will be adhered to strictly. Under age will not be considered in any case.
* How to Participate:
Online Booking: Members desirous of joining this programme may apply online by paying requisite program fee along with online booking amount i.e. Rs.9000/- ( Excluding Online Booking Amount). We accept Net Banking, Debit Card and Credit Card payment on www.yhaindia.org for online payments.
After successful transaction Admit Card will be generated. Participant has to carry \"Admit Card\", \"Trekking Medical Certificate "Membership Card\"(Print out of membership card may also be accepted) at the time of reporting to the Base Camp.
Offline Booking: Members desirous of joining this program may apply on the prescribed \"Trekking Registration Form\" duly supported by a \"Trekking Medical Certificate\", along with a DD of requisite amount of Rs.9000/- in favour of “Youth Hostels Association of India” payable at New Delhi. The Trekking registration Form, Trekking Medical Form and DD may be sent to following address:
Trekking Department, National Office
Youth Hostels Association of India
5, Nyaya Marg, Chankayapuri. New Delhi – 110021,
Contact No.: 7827999000
Any unforeseen event / strike or natural calamity or medical issues of participant will not be considered as a cause of cancellation.
Reporting Date :
Seats left :
Reporting Point : Reporting Point : Report at Kaladungi Base Camp.bv
* How To Reach:
Train station: Ramnagar/Haldwani-- Either way it is 30 kms from
Kaladungi base camp.bus available to Kaladungi Jim Corbett museum
By Bus from Delhi
I.S.B.T. Anand Vihar – HALDWANI
I.S.B.T. Anand Vihar – Ram Nagar
Kaladungi is about 265 kms from Delhi,
410kms from Kanpur
414kms from Chandigarh.
By Train:- Nearest Railway station is Haldwani (31 kms) and Ramnagar(30 kms). Nearest Airport is New Delhi Airport (295 km)
Train: 5013 Ranikhet Express - Delhi to Ramnagar
Corbett Link Express : Old Delhi: 2245 hrs Ramnagar: 0530 hrs
Kathgodam Express : Old Delhi: 2245 hrs Kathgodam: 0715 hrs
UTR Sampark Kranti Exp. : New Delhi: 1600hrs Kathgodam: 2230hrs
Map of base camp Kaladungi FOR EMBEDDING in website (optional)
* Notice to Participant
1. Smoking, use of alcohol and narcotics of any description is strictly prohibited during the course of the program.
2. Deviation from the set route of the program is not permitted. If participants may wish to join any other activity, they may do so at their own responsibility and risk only after finishing the program and checking out.
3. Stay other than YHAI Camp is not allowed for the entire duration of the camp.
4. This is an environment friendly trek. Do no litter any wrappers or spoil the trial in any way. In case you find any wrapper, plastic bag or anything left by trekkers on the way, please carry the same with you and deposit at the base camp.
5. Burning of wood during camp fire is strictly prohibited. Import of any bio Non- degradable Material in J & K is an offence.
Cycling shorts/three quarters/tracks,dryfit/quickdry T-shirts, Jackets, Sun Cap, Trekking Shoes, Socks,
Goggles, Sipper/1 Ltr water bottle/waterbags,Small tiffin box, Enameled or Steel Mug / tumbler, Plate, Spoon, pen knife,Cold Cream / Vaseline, Soap, Toilet Paper, Towel, medicines which you normally use at home, Camera.
Participants who successfully complete the expedition and abide by the discipline of the programme , will be awarded certificate.
* Special Casual leave:
No special casual leave is applicable for mountain biking program.
* Justice TPS Chawla Scholarship:
YHAI announces Justice T.P.S. Chawla Memorial Adventure Scholarship for underprivileged girls for participation in YHAI adventure activities. Deserving participants may apply to the National Office YHAI supported by relevant document / certificates.
* Off the Beaten Track Siddharth Scholarship:
To provide underprivileged young men and women less than 30 years of age with an opportunity to participate in outdoor adventure activities / programs by YHAI in various parts of the country. Deserving participants may apply to the National Office YHAI supported by relevant document / certificates.
* Safety & Security:
Extensive and painstaking preparations have gone into the planning of route for your safety. Our field staff and experienced camp leaders have been visiting the area to check all details. While every care has been taken to ensure safety, the Youth Hostels Association of India cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities.
YHAI Group Insurance cover is for accidental death or permanent disability only. You are advised to take personal insurance cover for your journey and other related matters. Extensive and painstaking preparations have gone into the planning of this program for your safety. Our field staff and experienced camp leaders have been visiting the area to check all details. While every care has been taken to ensure safety, the Youth Hostels Association of India cannot be held responsible for any accident, illness and such other unforeseen eventualities.
* Additional notes:
Cycle safety & Discipline:
1. The cycles given are to be kept safe. Any damage/theft of cycles due to negligence of participant, the cost will be borne by the participant.
Behavior during camp
2. Participants are expected to behave cordially with each other and staff. Any misbehavior/harassment will be a cause for check-out from camp and also being blacklisted from further YHAI camps.
4. Intake of Alcohol/drugs and smoking is strictly prohibited during camp. Anyone found doing the same will be immediately checked out from the camp premises
1) Participants booked online will do online cancellation minimum 10 days prior to your reporting date.
2) Participants booked offline will inform their cancellation by email to email@example.com, minimum 10 days prior to your reporting date.
Only cancellation done as per above method will be eligible for credit shell. The below cancellation policy will however not be applicable if the request reaches short of 10 days prior to reporting date and shall not be eligible for credit shell.
1) In case you are unable to join the programme due to any reason, you will get a 100% Credit Shell of the participation fees which will be valid till December 2024. No refund will be applicable for any cancellation of seat.
2) If the next programme opted by you is cheaper, you may use the balance amount in any of the Trek till Dec 2024.
3) If the next opted programme is costlier, the trekker has to pay the differential amount.
4) Program opted using the Credit Shell cannot be cancelled again.
5) You may transfer your seat to your family members and friends also. The seats thus transferred cannot be retransferred or cancelled.
6) The credit shell can only be used in booking of adventure programs organised by YHAI. The credit shell will not be used in taking memberships and hostel bookings.
Note: If any program will be cancelled due to Natural Calamity / Government Restriction / Cancellation of Permission or any other reasons , Yhai will be accountable only for program fees and not other expenses which participants have made for joining the program. In these circumstances the decision for participation fees will be considered by the Yhai and will be bound to all.
33 travellers are considering this tour right now!