National Snow Skiing Cum Trekking & Training Program: Auli: 2024
5 / 5 AULI
Program Coordinator:- Mr. Gulzar
(Program Officer YHAI) WhatsApp. 9419207024
On the heavy demand from our members,
YHAI is organizing National Snow Skiing cum Trekking and Training Program at Auli, Uttrakhand. The program is designed
for the beginners so the participants do not require any experience in skiing to
attend this program.
recreational activity and competitivewinter sportin
which the participant usesskis to glide onsnow.
Skiing in Indiais an activity that mostly takes place in the
northern states of India, where theHimalayasare situated. The Himalayas
provide an excellent skiing experience owing to their great height which makes
Alpine Skiing is one adventure
sport that has gained immense popularity all over the world. Auli is one of the
best skiing slopes in India. A couple of national and International events are
scheduled to happen in Auli this winter. Auli is nestled in the lap of
snow-capped peaks of Garhwal Himalayas, in the Chamoli district of Uttrakhand,
near the world famous religious shrine of Badrinath. At an altitude of 2500m to
3200m above sea level, Auli’s well-dressed slopes of flanked by coniferous and
oak forests, which offer a panoramic views of mountains. If you are out of
adventure, fun and frolic this winter, find yourself in Auli, in the vicinity
of the mountain peaks Nanda devi (7817m), Manaparvat (7273m),Kamet (7756m) ,
Dronagiri (7066m), HathiParwat (6727m), Ghoriparvat (6709m) and so on, with the
view of Himalayas.
Day 1: Reporting at Auli
in Hotel Rocks and Pine
Reporting and registration
Day 2: Skiing Introduction&
Balancing on skis
After an early breakfast, we
will introduce you to our skiing instructors and skiing equipment. In the
learning process you get to learn the basics of skiing, the instructor ensures
that all the necessary actions regarding the safety and precautions of the
participant are taken.
On this day, you will learn Walking & balancing on skis. Side step on snow
with skis etc.
Day 3: Positioning, Fall
& Recover, Snow Plough Techniques
After breakfast, we proceed with
our skiing course. On this day you will learn snow plough position and falling
techniques including crash landing at slopes. Together we explore the
surroundings in the evening. And then at the end of the day, we enjoy or dinner
and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4: Snow plough, Breaks and
On this day you will learn snow
plough position going down and turns, on a gentle slope. Perfect your snow
plough turns & breaking. Usually taught to beginner, the snow plough turns
is a breaking and turning skiing technique. In the evening we will go to one
small snow trek. And then at the end of the day, we enjoy or dinner and
overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 5: Fun Skiing on Advance
On this day of skiing course,
you will be taken to an advanced slope, which will be much longer then than the
previous ones that will give you distance and time to gain a lot of speed while
sliding on it. After completion, you will be honored with a certificate.
Day 6: Check out After
Stay at hotel Rocks and pine Auli
(1 room 3 person)
1 round ticket of chair car per
person on last day of the course.
Care taker and helper on slope
Self-Carrying things to
Warm cloths, Sock
Hand gloves, Cap, Snow goggle
Sunscreen lotion, min 30 SPF
Personal things (Tooth Brush,
How To Reach
(A WhatsApp group will be formed for the
participants before a week from the starting of the program with the aim
to help them in transportation from Rishikesh to Auli)
You need to plan your journey in
such a way so that you can start your journey from Rishikesh/Haridwar early in
the morning for Joshimath and Auli. As it takes around 7 to 8 hours from
Rishikesh to Auli.
For those travelling by
air, the nearest airport is Jolly Grant, Dehradun, 273 km from Joshimath, 17 km
Coming from any part of
India, the nearest rail head is Haridwar 299 km from Auli.
Auli is only 13 km drive
from Joshimath. State transport and Union buses play regularly between
Joshimath and Rishikesh (253 km).
Reporting Date :
Seats left :
Reporting Point : Hotel Rocks & Pine, Auli
1) In case you are unable to join the programme due to any reason, you will get a 100% Credit Shell of the participation fees which will be valid till December 2024. No refund will be applicable for any cancellation of seat.
2) If the next programme opted by you is cheaper, you may use the balance amount in any of the Trek till Dec 2024.
3) If the next opted programme is costlier, the trekker has to pay the differential amount.
4) Program opted using the Credit Shell cannot be cancelled again.
5) You may transfer your seat to your family members and friends also. The seats thus transferred cannot be retransferred or cancelled.
6) The credit shell can only be used in booking of adventure programs organised by YHAI. The credit shell will not be used in taking memberships and hostel bookings.
Note: 1.If any program will be cancelled due to Natural Calamity / Government Restriction / Cancellation of Permission or any other reasons , Yhai will be accountable only for program fees and not other expenses which participants have made for joining the program. In these circumstances the decision for participation fees will be considered by the Yhai and will be bound to all.
2. Please note that in rare cases when we are unable to experience snowfall or accumulate sufficient snow to operate snow skiing activities on the ski slopes, we will arrange trekking or alternative activities for the same duration in the same region.
3. Once a participant has reported and joined the program, if they are unable to complete it due to medical or any other personal reasons, they will not be eligible for any kind of refund or credit shell.
17 travellers are considering this tour right now!